Sunday, July 22, 2012

The First Step

"Faith is taking the first step when you don't see the whole staircase."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.




A topic that has been on my mind is the idea that we can be our own worst enemies. If I live from a place of fear, I live a small life. If I play it safe, I keep myself busy with the mundane and fail to pursue my dreams. I do this because I want to control my environment, if it's small, I can stand in one place and see all of it. This smallness is comfortable, safe, it offers a baby blanket-like security. 


Stepping into the unknown involves risk, it involves being in an unfamiliar environment, coping with change. We tell ourselves stories about the unknown, that it probably won't be any better than our current situation, that it will have it's own challenges, which might be harder, that it will involve a super-human amount of work, and in the end may not be worth the effort. 


I'm ready to be uncomfortable and do the work it takes to grow into the my best authentic self. I'm ready to squash the fears and live what's inside of me. I know it won't be easy, and that's okay.


Welcome to my blog. I'm taking the first step to discovering bliss today, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment